I have been noticing this a lot lately, that our modern lifestyle often spoils us with too many unhealthy choices. It is only human behavior that we get drawn towards unhealthy meals to satisfy our craving for a so-called “good meal”, which we end up regretting later. This, in turn, affects our health, as we become lethargic, lazy and experience constant mood-swings.
We need to avoid this by firstly breaking all false notions, such as healthy food is not tasty and are difficult to source. But the truth is that healthy food is less expensive, available across small grocery shops, and has evolved to be just as tasty as your everyday food.
Secondly, you need to start making small changes by choosing a healthier alternative, when you go searching for your next snack. Today, I will tell you how you can make a big difference to your diet by changing a few of your eating habits.
Here are a few small steps that you can take:
- Swap whole milk with a toned or double toned milk.
- Swap sugar coated breakfast cereals with a whole grain breakfast cereal.
- Swap sprinkling of sugar on your breakfast cereals with natural fruits.
- Swap white bread, bagels and muffins with whole grain bread.
- Swap sugary drinks with a glass of water.
- Swap fizzy aerated cold drinks with lemon water or vegetable juices.
- Swap buttered popcorn with unbuttered popcorn.
- Swap fried potatoes with boiled potatoes.
- Swap heavy meat sausages with lean meat.
- Swap chips with khakras.
- Swap granolas with a homemade trail mix of almonds, pistachios, walnuts, dates, and figs.
See, this isn’t as difficult as you thought it to be. Remember that, ‘small changes can make a big difference to your health and diet’, before you go for an unhealthy snack.