What is it? It is the wedding season, sweethearts! It seems like I have been attending weddings forever, but to my disappointment I fail to get impressed with trousseaus my friends and cousins have prepared for themselves. Like really… What makes you think a 6 inch heel would be more appropriate for your honeymoon, darling?
So the intruder that I am, I decided to give those trousseaus a good makeover and decided to list them for my readers as well. Always remember, one must pack light but not for their wedding suitcases. You would be in a new house, with new people and especially when your mom won’t be around 24X7, you may feel burdened with responsibilities. Thinking of the same, here’s a list of things that should be sitting on the top of your wedding trousseau.
- Make-up remover: First things first, as soon as you step into your new bedroom, you’d be tired of the 12-hour long event where you’ve been the centre of attention and you will have to take off 5 kilograms of makeup lying on your face and the only thing that will make you feel better is a make-up remover. It will relax you and also take off the stress pretty quickly. I would suggest a cream based remover.
- Comfortable night dress: Despite your naughty plans, you would highly require a comfortable night suit to slip into to feel nice & cosy! I suggest fabrics like satin which are extremely soft and look chic too.
- Flat shoes: We all love heels and all the fancy-ness that comes with it but let’s face it – nothing beats a comfortable pair of flats. But since you’re a new bride, you’d be required to look your best, meet tons of people. So, a quick cheat would be picking up some classy designs and rich colours like oxblood, emerald, red and more.
- Metallic eye shadows: You’d be attending a lot of dinner parties, maybe even more weddings in the family and other events and trust me, metallic eye shadows could be your best friends! Just a dash of colours like copper, silver, gold, pinks and more can help you pump up your look x 100 in no time. Put a basic soft brown in the crease followed by metallic colour on the top of the lid and some eyeliner.
- Bright lipsticks: As stated above, you are supposed to look great and nothing beats a bright lipstick. A neat face with a swipe of red, hot pink, oxblood or even deep purple looks stunning and it is super easy to do.
- Non-blingy classic bags: I love the bling; don’t get me wrong there but too much is tacky sometimes. Instead invest in classy pieces… black, tan browns, even florals don’t hurt.
- Favourite toiletries: Oh well, I can’t do without my favourite shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap and face wash, can you? Don’t let your skin suffer because of this major change in your life. Carry your own stuff to use at least for the first few days and you can get bulk supplies later.
I hope this was of some help to you!
Lots of luv,